Our amazing client has a fantastic new position they are looking to recruit for in the Weston Massachusetts area of the USA. They are looking to hire a forward-thinking HSE Director with the ability to build out the new corporate safety program. If you’re looking to work with a leader in the RNG space and have exposure to the skills and qualifications below we want to hear from you.
The Health, Safety & Environmental Director is responsible for building out the Corporate Safety program along with compliance with all applicable federal, municipal, and company health, safety environmental policies, and regulations company-wide. The Director will develop and implement health and safety procedures and systems for the corporate office, all construction, and operating sites. They will manage a team of Safety Specialists that regularly audit sites across the country to identify gaps in compliance and conduct the necessary training to eliminate those gaps.
Salary: $175,000 – $200,000
- Develop programs to ensure compliance with all applicable municipal and federal health, safety and environmental regulatory agencies – such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, DEP, and NFPA at all company sites and facilities.
- Actively monitor mentioned regulations and keep up with trends in the HSE industry.
- Proactively plan for regulatory and industry changes.
- Develop safety training programs appropriate for each type of company site, such as
- Time Out, Near Miss, Accident Investigation, Root Cause, Trend Analysis, and Risk
- Management, and all other occupational best practices. Deliver or oversee the delivery of these programs, monitor completion rates and re-training needs.
- Ensure all sites are actively maintaining written hazardous material programs in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.1200.
- Oversee regular health and safety audits – including Job Hazard Analyses, PPE assessments, industrial hygiene assessments for chemical and noise exposures – of all company sites to identify and minimize hazards. Use findings of assessments and evaluations to make recommendations to internal stake holders.
- Record concise and accurate health, safety, and environmental evaluations of site and facility compliance regularly. Implement necessary changes with urgency.
- Develop and implement environmental strategies, policies, practices, and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development. Ensure that procedures comply with applicable government regulations.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organization’s environmental risks.
- Develop strategies to minimize operating waste.
- Oversee contractors’, suppliers’, and all other third-parties’ compliance with the company’s health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Prepare requisite local, state, and federal environmental reports and assist with applications for permits for air and water pollution control at all stages of new site development.
- Alert employees of safety and health concerns regarding emergencies and crises when they arise in areas local to company sites and facilities.
- Travel frequently to sites across the country.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of HSE Management experience
- Expert knowledge of CFR 1910 and CFR 1926 (OSHA General Industry & Construction Standards)
- Experience managing successful teams
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software and of database development and management
- Competent analytical problem solver
- Strong communicator with polished Customer/Partner relationships
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Preferred Qualifications
- Technology Expertise
- Experience in food & beverage, chemical, biopharma, oil & gas, and chemical industries