South-East-Asia Sales Director, Shanghai
AD Energy is in partnership with a global and world-class Smart Energy (Solar, Energy Storage, & EV Charging) Manufacturer, who are looking to add a senior executive to their expanding and established team in their APAC/ SEA operation. Our client is primarily a renowned international Solar Energy organisation with over 1000 staff across 22 offices across the world! Our client continues to be at the forefront of solar technology innovation, so this opportunity is a chance be a part of the progressive solar industry.
This role will report directly to the General Manager of APAC. The post-holder as SEA Sales Director will have full responsibility for all sales activities in the assigned region (countries) as well as coordinate the region sales teams. The primary responsibility is to develop and lead the short- and long-term sales and business development strategy in the region.
Candidates of interest must possess a proven track history in APAC/ South East Asia sales and team management within the Solar, Photovoltaics, and Energy Storage industry. This position will be based in an office in Shanghai.
- Identify and close sales opportunities in accordance with the company’s overall strategic plans and financial objectives for the region. Develop and maintain relationships with solar distribution channels, strategic accounts and PPA and solar investors
- Actively pursue direct sales leads with installers, distributors, investors and utility companies.
- Assist with forecast of revenue on a regular basis and review sales results to ensure that established targets are being met; take corrective action where required.
- Nurture the relationship with leading PV project developers at multiple levels to ensure that the business remains the supplier of choice for power conversion electronics for their installations
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the different regional markets by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and by closely monitoring industry trends
- Work locally with existing and new technology partners
- Identify opportunities for cooperation with local enterprises
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies specific to the regional markets.
- Liaise with the Regional and global executive management team and peers to ensure that sales targets are being defined and met
- A BA/BS in a related technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in international sales management and leadership
- Experience in managing regional sales teams in Asia, APAC, South East Asia
- Previous knowledge and experience in the solar and PV industry (or related fields)
- Solid and verifiable track record of overachievement – candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share
- Candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the product line and convey the advanced technical product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating/converting and closing large dollar deals/accounts
- Ability to identify and convert new accounts while maintaining existing relationships.
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment
- A distinct customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Other Asian languages (Mandarin, Thai, Korean) would be an advantage
- Experience working for an international organization
- A hungry go-getter with a strong can-do and hands-on attitude.
- Technical savvy
- An energetic, highly motivated and driven manager person who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever is personally necessary to guarantee the success of the company
On offer is a significant executive package, consisting of a very competitive basic salary, uncapped bonus and stock options. To explore this position in more detail, please feel free to connect: email@example.com.
|Job Category||Solar Energy|