Functional Safety Engineer, Automotive/ E-mobility- UK
Our customers is currently working on a number of future technology projects. Increasingly these projects require robust analysis of the functional safety risks and the definition of mitigation actions. A Functional Safety Engineer role now exists to act as a central Functional Safety Expert across a broad range of consultancy projects. You will be supporting the system engineers by taking responsibility for the Functional Safety deliverables.
With support from the system engineers, the role will be to lead the Functional Safety activities as appropriate to the project. This will include the following:
- Understand intended functionality of systems in a broad automotive context
- Generate the necessary Functional Safety documentation for the project, following ISO26262: FMEA, FMEDA, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard analysis and Risk Assessment, Functional Safety Concepts, Technical Safety Concepts
- Lead Functional Safety reviews as needed both internally with the project team and with customers
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive, Electrical or equivalent Engineering
- 3+ yrs relevant engineering experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Good communication skills
- Work independent and self-motivated
- Previous experience of delivering Functional Safety documentation as defined by ISO26262
- Experience with hardware and software development in the automotive industry, either automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, Hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields
- Project Management
To discuss this position in more detail and to be considered for the role, please send your cv to email@example.com.
|Job Category||Automotive, Electric Vehicle|