Grosvenor House, 11 St Pauls Square,
We’re working with an energy leader to hire an Engineering Manager.
Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will work with the project team throughout the engineering, design, and construction phases of various projects, adapting mechanical aspects according to project scope and schedule, client material specifications, state and federal (PHSMA) regulations and industry best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform mechanical engineering to support the design development of projects from the conceptual phase through detailed design completion
• Review and provide markups on design drawings and 3D models for a variety of projects including, but not limited to pipeline, M&R stations, and compressor station projects
• Identifies appropriate materials and processes to ensure the quality, performance, and manufacturability of products
• Creates plans and designs using CAD technology
• Produce engineering calculations and reports
• Research and compile project-related data
• Analyses problems and provides designs to solve them
• Develop design prototypes
• Conducts analysis and tests to determine weaknesses and failures in prototypes or products
• Provide technical feedback during HAZOP reviews
• Update drawings provided by engineers to verify corrections are made within CAD related software
• Compile information for client presentations, shop drawing review and contract administration
• Create project specifications, reports, procedures
• Create datasheets for procurement packages
• Perform simulations and analysis on preliminary engineering projects
• Attend meetings with clients and vendors as needed
• Perform field inspections, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients
• These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned
• Witness factory acceptance tests (FAT) and resolution of issues
• Proactive in driving engineering deliverables to deliver projects on time
• Develop, define, document and coordinate the company’s Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) process to ensure regulatory compliance and effectiveness
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• Minimum 5 years working as a mechanical engineer
• Licensed as a California Mechanical PE
• Experience in oil & gas EPC company preferred
• Strong knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures
• Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Strong computer skills to including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, hydraulic analysis and HVAC analysis programs
• Strong knowledge of commonly used mechanical engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the mechanical engineering discipline
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to communicate with team members at all levels of an organization
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel as necessary, with the ability to obtain a Passport to travel outside the United States
• Prior experience working for RNG facilities or equipment design is a plus
• Prior experience in the Oil and Gas facilities or equipment design is a plus
Background Check: Employment will be dependent on the candidate successfully passing a background check.
Benefits: The company offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k benefits. Paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO) are also offered.
We’ve built our reputation on one basis – a people-first approach that focuses on culture and ability.
For candidates that need additional support, we’re able to prepare you for the entire application process. Whether you need help with your job search or preparing for an interview, we make sure that you’re always prepared for the next step in your application.
We have a range of resources available, all available for you to read for free.